To prevent the frustration of falling behind, which most of us tend to do when following a Bible reading plan, each month of this plan gives you only twenty-five readings. Today we start a few “free days” . We encourage you to catch up on any readings you may have missed this month.
If you have finished the month’s readings, you can use these final days of the month to study the passages that challenged or intrigued you.
The Bible reading plan we are following this year can be found here: https://www.navigators.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/navigators-bible-reading-plan.pdf
I was recently asked to teach on the Promises of God. I sat down and started typing out some promises God has given to me from His word. Wow! What an exciting study it has been. I will share a few with you today.
The very first promise that came to me was that God will never leave me or forsake me. This comes from Deuteronomy 31:8.
- “And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.”
The Amplified Version puts it this way.
- “It is the Lord who goes before you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or abandon you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”
It doesn’t matter where I go, God is with me! He won’t get me in a bad situation and then turn to run away. He goes BEFORE me, comes BEHIND me, and stays right BESIDE me. I am so thankful for an omnipresent God!! This song will help you remember Deuteronomy 31:8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvA5LzPm1nI
The second promise that came to mind was this.
- Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.”
- AMP “For I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”
God is ALWAYS right on time! He knows what he is doing. He sees the big picture. God thinks about me! They aren’t evil thoughts. They are PEACEFUL thoughts!
My third promise for the day is this one:
- Isaiah 26:3 “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.”
- AMP “You will keep in perfect and constant peace the one whose mind is steadfast [that is, committed and focused on You—in both inclination and character], Because he trusts and takes refuge in You [with hope and confident expectation].”
- NLT “You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!”
My thoughts dictate my peace level. If I start feeling anxious, I need to get in the Word and read TRUTH. I need to change my thinking. I need to proclaim the promises God has given to me!
What are some promises God has given to you? I encourage you to write them down! They will be a source of strength in times to come. They are written reminders that God is WITH you! (I would love to hear what God has spoken to you…feel free to share.)
“Let God’s promises shine on your problems.” Corrie ten Boom